The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

scrying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default scrying

Post by samijo on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:07 pm

I just bought a scrying bowl.
Has anyone used one before. Would you care to give me some pointer and tell me of their experiences.
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: scrying

Post by Patricia on Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:34 pm

What is a scrying bowl?
Patricia

Virgo Posts : 9
Joined date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:01 pm

http://www.crystalinks.com/scrying.html
Scrying is a method of divination and takes on many forms. Information received varies with the type of scrying one is using to get answers. Information can be objective, message given that are independing of the scryer - or subjective, determined or influenced by the scryer. Scrying can also be viewed as a form of mediumship, messages allegedly coming from another realm. This all goes to the scrying tool used and the interpretation of the symbol shown. A dream dictionary is often helpful.

As consciousness is evolving, so too are the meanings of the symbols.

Scrying comes from the Old English word descry meaning "to make out dimly" or "to reveal." Adding the prefix/suffix 'be' (often 'gye' in Germanic languages), gives us the modern word 'describe'.

Art of Scrying

Scrying can be an auto-deepening trance process that progresses in stages using tools such as a crystal ball, or other medium. Initially, the medium serves as a focus for the attention, removing unwanted thoughts from the mind in the same way as a mantra. Once this is achieved, the scryer begins a free association with the perceived images suggested, for instance in a crystal ball, by the tiny inclusions, web-like faults and/or the cloudy glow within the ball under low light (i.e. candlelight).

The technique of deliberately looking for and declaring these initial images aloud, however trivial or irrelevant they may seem to the conscious mind, is done with the intent of deepening the trance state, wherein the scryer hears their own disassociated voice affirming what is seen within the concentrated state in a kind of feedback loop. This process culminates in the achievement of a final and desired end stage in which visual images and dramatic stories seem to be projected within the mind's eye of the scryer, like an inner movie. This overall process reputedly allows the scryer to "see" relevant events or images within the chosen medium.

Scrying has been used for thousands of years by different cultures. Ancient Egypt used scrying in their Initiations. This included water scrying, dream scrying, oil scrying, and mirror scrying. One legend states that the goddess Hathor carried a shield that could reflect back all things in their true light. From this shield she allegedly fashioned the first magic mirror to "see."

Ancient Persia -- the Shahnama, a semi-historical epic work written in the late 10th century, gives a description of what was called the Cup of Jamshid, used in pre-Islamic Persia, which was used by wizards and practitioners of the esoteric sciences for observing all the seven layers of the universe.

Ancient Greeks and Celts practiced scrying using beryl, crystal, black glass, polished quartz, water, and other transparent or light catching bodies. Nostradamus is believed to have employed a small bowl of water as a scrying tool into which he gazed and received images of future events. Alchemists Edward Kelley and John Dee employed a form of scrying using a small crystal ball or shewstone - a piece of polished obsidion. The crystal ball and wax tablets used by Dee and Kelley are on display at the British Museum in London.

Scrying is the occult practice of using a medium, most commonly a reflective surface or translucent body, to aid perceived psychic abilities such as clairvoyance. The media often used to "see" are water, polished precious stones, crystal balls, or mirrors. Scrying, in this context, uses a "visual" process. There are some who believe the art of scrying is not limited to the use of "reflective" or "translucent" bodies only, but includes other media. Scrying has been used in many cultures as a means of seeing the past, present, or future; in this sense scrying constitutes a form of divination.

Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:16 pm

ok this is what happened to me
I bought my bowl...it is a black stone bowl...(nosterdamus used a scrying bowl) I blessed it! I surrounded my self with the white light and I brought in all my angels and guides, asked God to bless my reading.
This is what happened..I looked into the water ..(which I put in the bowl) I saw my reflection...I stated my intention..which was to see when my mother law would pass to the other side. I looked at the reflection of myself and all of the sudden I saw my reflection fade away there was nothingness in from of me all I saw was darkness of the bowl, then a perfect six formed. 6......now weeks ago I had asked my mother in law if she knew when she would pass over to the other side. and she said 3 months..now I counted it would of been june. I never thought of it again. Now I am the kind of person that I have to cound the months on my fingers to know what number they are except for jan feb marc..or my birthday aug. ok...but sept june july oct and such I have to count. so I know that I didnt see the 6 because I knew june was the sixth month. but after counting I found that it was. now is that increditable? June is the 6th month inwhich is what Rosemary had told me. Now I know the person that is passing knows. my mom knew and my grandmother knew I believe that rosemary knows as well
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 pm

I was told by a psychic to be very careful going into a scrying bowl, it takes experience to do it. I really didnt have time to ask her about it. but it didnt frighten me at all. I was like in a trance. and you know I have been feeling like I m going in a tance like state on serveral occiations lately. I bought a rock.."it is a certain type of rock" black and it suppose to ground you. I have been using it and it does ground me. I found that spirits usually rush in when I open up and now I can control them from coming. I will simply say one at a time. and I mean ONE ...hahha sound crazy I know but it helps
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com on Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:50 am

interesting... let us know how it turns out
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/