The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Fave Sylvia Book/Least Fave Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Fave Sylvia Book/Least Fave Book

Post by CathyO on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi everyone
I was wondering what everyone's favourite book by Sylvia? And Why?
Mine is Mother God. It totally opened my eyes and helped me understand what I always felt.

What is your least favourite book by her?
Mine would have to be Mystical Life of Jesus only because it took me forever to read it. It had some good stuff in it but I felt it was hard to read overall.Had to reread parts a few times.
CathyO

Virgo Posts : 138
Joined date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

default Re: Fave Sylvia Book/Least Fave Book

Post by nwpisces on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:33 pm

I have yet to find one book that is my favorite or least favorite for that matter. All have good info in them so they all have a special meaning to me.
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 pm

I don't know if can really pick a favorite. I LOVE Soul's Perfection! and of course The Other Side and back.

Least fav. might be either Insight or If you could See what I see. it's PINK. that much a I know. just didn't seem like a whole lot of NEW info. which ever one it is. but I still love them all because Sylvia devoted time and energy to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:00 pm

Can't say either way. I can tell you that Visits From The Afterlife was the first book I had read by Sylvia, and it was the one that started me on my Gnostic journey. But The Other Side And Back was the one that really opened up the "door" to my newfound spirituality!

I can't say that there's a least favorite book, because regardless of how many times I may have read about the same subject, she always manages to bring to light a new aspect, idea, information, or way of presenting it to others that really seems to help me add to my Stash of Knowledge.
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

http://sbns.justforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:12 am

My favorite book is "The Other Side and Back." It was the first book of Sylvia's that I read and it got me hooked. My next fave is "Life on the Other Side." Both contain a wealth of knowledge and comfort.

I can't say that I dislike any of her books. Some are hard to get through and get some what tedious, but I get through them and still come away with some knowledge that I didn't have before.
Patricia

Virgo Posts : 9
Joined date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:01 am

Fav books by Sylvia! wow I have some on the shelf that I haven't even gotten to read yet. But, of the ones that I have I would have to say that "The Mistical Life of Jesus" really caught my attention. Of course I have a very strong tie with this guy. When I first started reading Sylvia's books I could not wait to read them and I would order another one before I finished reading the one I bought before. Now I have at least 3 on the shelf like I said that I haven't gotten to yet. I think I need to buy cd's instead. So, that I can get caught up on the reading. Giggle
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 pm

I'm like Sami, I have 4 books that just recently came out and I haven't gotten around to reading yet. I think I need to get the CD's also. Laughing I know once I start Temples on the Other Side, I won't be able to put it down.
Patricia

Virgo Posts : 9
Joined date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:22 pm

It is nearly impossible to list just one as a fav. My first ever Sylvia book was "Book of Angels" That only created a huge craving for MORE! Among my Favs:
"Adventures of a Psychic"
"Phenomenon"
"Secrets and Mysteries of the World"
"If You Could See What I See"

I havent found one that I dislike per say. Although I couldnt get into "Book of Dreams" just isnt a subject of interest for me.

I still have a pile at home that are in need of being added to my "Read List"

"Temples on The Other Side"
"Mother God"
"Father God"
"Prophecy"

And not to forget the final half of "Secret Societies"

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:40 pm

The only book I didnt care that much for was "Insight". I did enjoy most of it but that would be the only one I dont re-read again & again.

Now the one I love the most is: journey of the soul Box-set.
Devon

Aquarius Tiger
Joined date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:50 pm

I think I gotta add Temple on the Other Side to my list...Giggle seeing as how many times I have recently quoted it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CathyO on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:11 pm

I am finding the meditations that go along with this book to be too quick for my tastes. I love the book but the Cd just have been unable to visualize the places at all because as soon as you start it seems to be over. Has anyone else found it to be the same way?
CathyO

Virgo Posts : 138
Joined date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:19 pm

I worry about the cd's for that reason too CathyO. That I rather read the book and take my time to understand who, what, where, when, and why, for example, in exploring the Temples on the Other Side.

My best experiences aren't in a group setting they are best when it happens in my time to me.

Reading the words and excersising my brain gives me a clearer picture than someone's voice telling me unless I've been there before like understanding road directions. Although, I shy away from cd's because their impact lingers longer and is more profound than reading in your own time that slowly impresses thoughts in the mind.

just my Two Cents

I wouldn't dismiss cd's altogether I'm sure they can help in conjunction.

I think they might give voice to vision when the mind has had a chance to understand it all. Cloud 9

Last edited by d-knots on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:51 pm

CathyO wrote:I am finding the meditations that go along with this book to be too quick for my tastes. I love the book but the Cd just have been unable to visualize the places at all because as soon as you start it seems to be over. Has anyone else found it to be the same way?
I'll let you know.
I just received the CDs, but I haven't used them yet Embarassed
I'm finding it hard to "get into" any of the spiritual stuff anymore Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 am

my fave book was probably "Lessons for Life"
it was a helpful support to just go on and pay those bills stop
crying about them and just do it!...lol

the least fave are the Journal of Love and Healing, Meditations, Prayers, and Light a Candle. These books I skimmed through and (it's just me - personal choice) that I couldn't get into a workbook or someone elses - like when someone talks above your level of comprehension - prayer or just something so familiar it just didn't interest me to open it...lol. This is not to say they are bad I just have not gravitated to them nor would I give them a prize but they warrent honerable mention and may be of great service to others in need of them. Like a Star @ heaven
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Fave is hard to choose

Least fave would be "Secret Societies...and How They Affect Our Lives Today " I just have a terrible time reading this book and never seem to finish it. I am still about half way through.. scratch study
Sunshine

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylvia on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:27 am

Since I have read only one Sylvia Browne book, "The Other Side and Back," I am unable to speak about a least favorite and most favorite. I enjoyed reading "Other Side," but I am yet to get another Sylvia Browne book.

Cylvia

Joined date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:03 pm

try the library
there is interloan from
libraries all over...
sometimes you can get
a large print book....

expect some redundancies

in short I like the Levels of Creation ,